Please email resumes to jobsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vtdesignworks.com.
VDW is currently hiring an experienced Web designer able to understand our clients’ business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Communicate and collaborate with development team members as well as other project stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of web, UX, and/or visual design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, or Adobe Tools.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp and importance of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Job Type: Full-time
- 3 years
VDW is software consulting and web development company. We develop software to solve complex business challenges. VDW has serviced clients throughout the United States since its inception in 1999. We attribute our longevity to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to work onsite in our Burlington office. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged in this position and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment. Opportunities for growth in project managment and business development are available for the right candidate.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Strong administrative skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal team
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Excel, Mailchimp and Quickbooks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary depends on skills and experience. Women-owned and pet-friendly, excellent benefits, staggered start time, plus casual dress.
Senior Web Developer
- High quality development, testing, and support of our customer's websites, applications, and other web software.
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and with a high degree of quality, always keeping in mind the goals and benefits the project was designed for.
- Collaborating with other developers to create innovative technical solutions.
- Mentoring junior developers and participating in their professional development.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of problems and issues with websites, applications servers, and other technology.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchased alternatives.
- Completes application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Updates professional knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- The ideal candidate is a positive, high energy, self-starter who enjoys not only creating with code but also consulting with our clients to help them solve their business problems. He/she is experienced and skilled in a broad range of programming languages and technologies but is always willing and eager to take on new challenges.
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in website development or software development projects;
- Ability to work full time in our office in Burlington, VT.
- Hardworking, honest, enthusiastic, and flexible; takes accountability seriously and possesses high integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver technology projects on time, on budget with high quality results and satisfied clients.
- Confident in consulting with clients and guiding them on what it takes to develop successful software.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
- Familiar with each layer in the LAMP stack from application architecture and system infrastructure points of view.
- Strong PHP experience preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of Mobile App development (iOS, Android, React Native).
- Versatile; comfortable performing a variety of roles and tasks within the company (examples include: development, technical leadership, training, requirements analysis).
- Strong written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences at different levels and with different backgrounds.
- Demonstrates accountability; owns outcomes and results, prioritizes tasks, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Thrives on learning and learns quickly. Dedicated to self-improvement and professional development. Takes advantage of various resources to self-educate.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision. Equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 5 years