VDW is looking for a Mid to Senior level Web Developer to join our team. This role is responsible for building and updating our customers' websites and web applications, from layout to functionality. Our production team is passionate about building quality applications that provide great user experiences and solve our customers’ problems. We work on complex, custom projects and thrive on the challenges they present.
Technology we use:
- Databases: MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Web Server: Apache
- Backend: PHP 5.6/7, Symfony, Doctrine
- Frontend: SASS, Susy, Bourbon
- Search: Elasticsearch
- Development: Docker
- Deployment: Fabric
- and more...
- Contribute to the development of our CMS platform
- Attention to detail, tenacious drive for problem solving, and ability to maintain grace 'under fire'
- Continually enhance your development skills and learn about best practices in architecting software solutions for the web
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and techniques within the web development and design fields by working with team members, mentors, and by prototyping solutions
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Passion for working with new technologies and solving challenging technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cleanly separate design logic from semantic structure using CSS
- Ability to make cross-browser compatible, responsive CSS layouts
- Experience working with a design team to translate mockups into working websites and applications
- Experience with modern PHP or other server-side programming language
- Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL or other relational database
- Experience with Source Control Systems, Git preferred
- Experience integrating third party web services and APIs
- Familiarity with MVC web frameworks
Inbound Marketing and Social Media ConsultanT
- VDW is looking for a working relationship with and inbound marketing consultant. This is a contracted position.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field.
- Hubspot Certified: Inbound, Hubspot and Partner certification.
- At a minimum 3 years of marketing/advertising agency experience preferred. You must be prepared to show us sample clients with before/after results.
- Strategy and management of online marketing campaigns ala the inbound methodology.
- Managing company Social Media Platforms (to include, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.)
- Pulling analytic reports to show Social Media efforts and conversion.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Creating social media calendar for consistent presence.
- Work side-by-side with outbound marketing efforts to bring the sales cycle full circle.
- Keep up on industry trends & news in social media and digital marketing.
- Should have the ability to write professionally and creatively, but also create content that is engaging for an audience in a conversational tone.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.